Making outfits in Stardew Valley is many players' favorite activity in the game. The variety of different clothing items allows players to play the role of fashion designer for their own playable character, mixing and matching shirts, pants, and hats to create unique outfits. Players can tailor most of these items themselves using items they find around the world.
RELATED:Stardew Valley: How To Get Every Obelisk
Some items stand out thanks to their silly design, while other articles of clothing are horror-themed or mystical. Exploring the game's most interesting clothing items can help both Stardew Valley beginners and dedicated players to find the perfect outfit to express their personality.
Updated June 7th, 2022 by Russ Boswell: Fans are anxiously awaiting the release of ConcernedApe's next release in The Haunted Chocolatier, a title that looks to be every bit as charming as Stardew Valley. That said, there are still players that have yet to enjoy their own Stardew adventure, while others haven't seen all their is to see in the hit Indie farming game. One thing that many players may overlook are the clothing items that can be found and crafted throughout Stardew Valley. There are tons of clothing items for players to collect and accessorize with. To better showcase the available clothing options, the following list has been updated to include even more entries for the best clothes in Stardew Valley.
10 Golden Mask
The Golden Mask is a strange and somewhat ominous-looking mask, but its rarity makes it a prized possession for those that are looking to accentuate their style with something truly unique. Thanks to its shining gold color, the Golden Mask can be used with an array of dark clothes, which will help it stand out among the players' face. It's fun to look at and almost makes the player look like a robot (or a James Bond villain). Unfortunately, it can be a bit of a nuisance to get ahold of, as players will need a "real Golden Mask" to use on the Sewing Machine.
- To get the Golden Mask, players need to first find an actual Golden Mask relic. This can be done by digging through Artifact spots sprinkled around the Desert. It can also sometimes appear within an Artifact Trove. That said, it has a measly 3 percent drop rate.
9 Dinosaur Hat
Those looking to dabble in a little Prehistoric fashion should definitely get their hands on the Dinosaur Hat. This adorable little topper will accentuate the Dinosaur Pants, but it's super cute simply on its own. The Dinosaur Hat can go well with any clothing as it simply stands out, without the need for color-matching. Those that want to be a bit silly while also showing their appreciation for the reptiles of yesteryear can head to a Sewing Machine and toss in the required materials to pop out this precious headwear.
- The Dinosaur Hat can be made by feeding a Dinosaur Egg into the spool of the Sewing Machine. Players can obtain a Dinosaur Egg from a variety of sources, including Artifact spots hidden within the mountains, any Prehistoric floors within the Skull Cavern, from fishing treasure chests, and even from the Claw Machine game at the Movie Theater.
8 Midnight Dog Jacket
Most players use Squid Ink as a dye thanks to its beautiful appearance, but it can also be added to the spool of the Sewing Machine to craft a unique and stylish jacket. Those that want something a bit ornate, with gold buttons that stand out proudly against a dark blue color should definitely save some Squid Ink for their tailoring escapades. The Midnight Dog Jacket is definitely one of the coolest pieces of clothing that a player can craft and it looks fantastic with a variety of hats and pants, making it a focal centerpiece of many different designs and styles.
- To craft the Midnight Dog Jacket, players need to first go ahead and grab some Squid Ink. This can be found from a variety of sources, such as drops from Squid Kids or Blue Squids in combat. It can also be gained from Squids and Midnight Squids pulled from fishing ponds.
7 Trash Can Shirt
For those who prefer a goofy look for their character, the Trash Can Shirt is perfect; it makes the player's character look almost exactly like a trash can in town. When paired with the Trash Can Hat, players can really look like trash (if they really want to, that is!).
Because Stardew Valley features numerous items that take a wacky approach to fashion design, many players choose to create outfits that incorporate strange items like the Trash Can Shirt, sometimes even using mods to change their hair or other features.
- Players who want to tailor a Trash Can Shirt of their own should head to the sewing machine inside Emily and Haley's house. They will then need to combine Cloth with one of the following: Broken CD, Broken Glasses, Driftwood, Soggy Newspaper, and Trash.
6 Garbage Hat
The Garbage Hat is the perfect item to accompany the Trash Can Shirt to create a complete outfit. Alternatively, players can wear it on their own to add a lighthearted touch to a more serious outfit of any kind.
Despite being one of the strangest hats in the game, the Garbage Hat's silly design combined with its rarity makes it a fun and exciting find for any players who may randomly come across it in a garbage can in town.
- The Garbage Hat can be found in garbage cans at a 0.2% find rate. Players must open at least 20 garbage cans before they are able to find the Garbage Hat.
5 Dark Bandana Shirt
Some players like their characters to have a creepy appearance, and the Dark Bandana Shirt is perfect for a horror-themed getup. Unlike some shirts, the Dark Bandana Shirt is dyeable and comes in two colors that fit its horror theme: red and black. For those who want their character to look like a vampire or a fancy villain, this just might be the best shirt in the game.
- To craft a Dark Banana Shirt, players can go to the sewing machine inside Emily and Haley's house and combine Cloth with a Truffle or Truffle Oil.
- Haunted Skulls, which are found in the Quarry Mines and in dungeon levels in The Mines, also sometimes drop Dark Bandana Shirts.
4 Blobfish Mask
The Blobfish Mask is an interesting item because it totally changes the appearance of the player's character, allowing for some hilarious moments in gameplay. As its name implies, this soft pink mask is shaped like a blobfish. Few other items in the game have such a drastic impact on the appearance of the playable character as the Blobfish Mask, so this item is rather unique among Stardew Valley's clothing items, and would likely stand out in a crowd.
To obtain this mask, players must first catch a blobfish, allowing them to interact with one of the few fish in the game that floats.
- To obtain a Blobfish Mask, players can combine Cloth and a Blobfish at the sewing machine inside Emily and Haley's house.
3 Pumpkin Mask
Like the Blobfish Mask, the Pumpkin Mask has a drastic impact on the look of the player character, completely changing their head into a pumpkin. This clothing item is versatile; players could incorporate it into a spooky Halloween outfit, or mix-and-match with other wacky, bold items for a more silly overall appearance.
Some players have even put this mask on their children in the game, creating some funny moments just with their choice of outfit.
- Players can obtain a Pumpkin Mask by combining Cloth and a Jack-O-Lantern at the sewing machine inside Emily and Haley's house.
2 Radioactive Goggles
Stardew Valley is known for being whimsical, and the Radioactive Goggles are a perfect example. Not only are these goggles a great addition to a sci-fi or futuristic look, but they also have a curious bit of lore surrounding them; the item description states that this item doesn't actually provide any protection from radiation.
RELATED: Stardew Valley: Foraging Profession Guide
Some players speculate that these goggles are a reference to The Simpsons, which has an episode called "Radioactive Man." The episode features an iconic line about goggles: "My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"
- To obtain Radioactive Goggles, players can combine Cloth and a Radioactive Bar at the sewing machine in Haley and Emily's house.
1 Prismatic Clothes
Prismatic Shards are one of the rarest items in Stardew Valley, so it makes sense that using them in tailoring reaps awesome rewards for players. Prismatic clothing items are unique in that they are totally random - and color-changing! Therefore, the same recipe could give the player one of five different items: Prismatic Pants, Prismatic Genie Pants, Prismatic Shirt (dark sleeves), Prismatic Shirt (white sleeves), or the Prismatic Shirt.
Players can also use Prismatic Shards for other purposes, so they should make completely sure they want to use these rare treasures for tailoring before doing so.
- To create a piece of Prismatic clothing, combine Cloth and a Prismatic Shard at the sewing machine inside Emily and Haley's house. Dedicated players can combine all five separate pieces of Cloth with five separate Prismatic Shards to collect all five articles of Prismatic clothing.
Stardew Valley is available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, and many other devices
MORE:Best Crops To Grow In The Greenhouse